Ahh, it’s the little things that can make one’s day, isn’t it?
I was nominated by Jackie (Rapetti Review) for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is “an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Even though it’s something so small, it means so much. Knowing that I’m inspiring someone or making their day better is what keeps me going. I know there’s so many of you I don’t know personally and it makes it all the better and means so much more that I’m brightening a stranger’s day.
I’ve been given 11 questions to answer:
Who inspires you?
I don’t believe I have one set person that inspires me. People that I see pursuing their dreams on a daily basis, people who travel far on a budget, and magnificent people who live humbly inspire me to be the person who I want to become.
Favorite destination you’ve traveled to?
There’s so many places I still have on my list to go to, but my backpacking trip to Havasu Falls in Supai, Arizona is my favorite, and I’m sure it will forever be on the top of my list. It was life-changing, challenging spiritually and physically, and I got to do it with some of my favorite people.
What is your dream vacation?
Anywhere with a beautiful landscape with people vastly different than me. Southeast Asia (Thailand, Laos) is definitely my big, dream backpacking trip.
What does happiness mean to you?
Living life as simple as I can surrounded by loved ones. Little things make me happy, like a good book or surrounded in nature.
Uh, wings. Hot wings. Buffalo wings. Whatever you wanna call them, my diet is 98% wings.
Honestly, anything by Jodi Picoult. I try to read non-fiction books but I always go back to the engulfing novels of Jodi.
What do you wish you were doing right now?
Hiking with my pup. This summer has been oddly, extremely hot. Haven’t been able to hike as much as I like since the pup (and me) can’t handle the heat.
Would you fly to the moon if given the chance?
Yes, if I knew I’d make it back to Earth 🙂 Space fascinates me.
Do you prefer the beach or mountain life?
Mountains, no question! I have absolutely no desire to live on the beach unless there’s a mountain range in my backyard.
What was your high school mascot?
How would you describe your personality in one word?
Rules to Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
My 11 Questions
- What is your number one goal to attain in this life?
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Who/what inspires you?
- What creates your happiness?
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- Favorite place you’ve visited?
- What state/country do you currently live in?
- Do you plan on staying there for ‘good’?
- What are you currently trying to improve with yourself?
- Do you enjoy reading as much as writing?
- Did you excel/enjoy writing particularly growing up as a kid?